Philip V. Augustin
- Convergence: 2018 -
- Studio Series: 2016-2017
- Vanishing Point: 2011-2014
- Surface Tension: 2010-2012
- Questions of Perception: 2007-2010
- Virtual Studio Tour
- Artist Statement
- At the still point of the turning world. ... Neither from nor towards ...- T.S. Eliot
This body of work seeks the still point between lens-based and lens-less imagery, between photograph and photogram. Blurring points of reference between two enduring methods of creating photographic images:
- Photograph: an image made using a camera and film or other light-sensitive material, then made visible and permanent by chemical processing.
- Photogram: an image made without a camera using light-sensitive photographic materials, then made visible and permanent by chemical processing.
Santa Fe, NM - 505-699-6362
© 2019 Philip V. Augustin
An icompendium Site